Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Resurrection

On the grim and fateful day of Wednesday January 28, my computer decided to commit suicide. It was a sudden decision that I caught me completely off guard, in spite of the rocky relationship we had in the past.

My explanation is that it doesn't like me, or doesn't like India as much as I do. Abdul, one of the Tech Stop support guys, has a different explanation: a hard drive malfunction. Apparently a hard drive is important for a computer. Meaning, it stores all your data. Your photos, itunes music, poems, work docs, folders, bookmarks, settings, Flip videos that are supposed to go onto your blog...everything.

Tech Stop said that my data is gone. Sorry Charlie.

On top of that catastrophe, the problem was intensified by my laptop battery failing as a side effect. Whenever I remove the computer from a power source, it shuts down completely. This makes going to and from meetings about as fun as Tom Brady would have at a Russian ballet.

Abdul was nice enough the next day to work his magic and do who knows what to retrieve the backed up data and (in turtle pace) copy it to my computer. So there is a God. That makes Thursday, January 29th a lucky and holy day henceforth.

No comments:

Post a Comment