Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rajasthan Trip: Part 5

Jan 23-36

Riding camels is cool - more regal than horseback since you're higher up. Our camels each had names:

Carla's: Babaloo
Jon's: Bubbles
Megan's: Micheal Jackson (side note: the people of Jaisalmer appear to be big MJ fans, since we came across two things named after him during our two days there. The other was a puppet.)
Jen's: Rockette
Sherry's: couldn't remember but thinks "it had an r and z so something like Ritztec"

But the real fun begins when you race. On the home stretch, we kicked it up a notch and the strong yet graceful athletic prowess of Babaloo left the others in the dust...or should I say sand.

The others thought it strange that while racing I handed the remainder of my 40 to Tak, my 9 year old guide. But Tak was too busy as a winning jockey to think about underage drinking, and I couldn't bear to litter in the beauty of the desert.

Plus I wanted to finish my beer.



The card game I taught the child guides was war. I thought this was a good game, but apparently they thought it was easy. Tough crowd. Still, I got them smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment